Saturday, June 18, 2011

flour blend for baking


i find this blend gives me a very nice texture for baked goods


6 cups brown rice flour
4 cups white rice flour
2 cups tapioca starch

mix very well

Thanks to Jill's comment I think I need to clarify I do use xanthan gum in my baking I don't put it in my blend because I have found I don't get an even product over multiple batches which is important if I am baking for someone else. I usually add about 1/2 a teaspoon to 1 1/2 cups of flour. Sorry for the confusion.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hi. Just 3 ingredients? That's amazing. I've used the Pamela's baking mix but never for cakes or cupcakes. No xanthum stuff? I'm excited to try your mix out---I'll let you knw. Thankx for sharing.

terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
terri said...

Jill i have baked with out it and the cupcakes were good just didnt get that slight domed top that people expect to see