Friday, July 22, 2011

Chicken Fried Rice


Fried rice is a dish I make to clean out my fridge so my measurements are not exact. This is a versatile dish that can utilize many different vegetables and meats.

3 cups chopped vegetables (I used carrots, onion, bell peppers, and zucchini)
2 cloves garlic
1 inch piece ginger (peeled and grated)
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs olive oil
4 cups cooked rice
2 cups diced cooked chicken
4 eggs (scrambled, yes I cook my eggs separate so they don't get lost in the rice)
1/4 San J GF Tamari sauce or your favorite soy sauce
1 small can peas
black pepper to taste
2 Tbs rice wine vinegar

Saute the chopped vegetables, garlic, and ginger in olive oil and butter over medium heat for about 10 mins until cooked down and soft. Add rice and chicken and cook until every thing is thoroughly mixed and hot. Now add tamari, vinegar and black pepper and cook for 5 mins. Last is to add eggs and peas and allow to heat through.

No comments: